Open Foundation West Africa joins the rest of the world to celebrate Freedom in the month of February as part of our mission to spread and extend the reach of Open Movement activities in West Africa.
Freedom In February is a month-long campaign by The Centre for Internet and Society, India to increase awareness on free licenses. The name of this campaign “Freedom in Feb” was coined by Sunil Abraham, the Executive Director of The Centre for Internet and Society, India.
- The rule to participate in this challenge is simple:
- The works you will create or publish in February you have to release those under free licenses such as the Creative Commons licenses or under public domain.
- The content includes your blog post, writing, image on Facebook, or Instagram, or your Tweets (no “all rights reserved” please :)).
- If releasing all content under free licenses is not possible, please try to release as much as content under the free licenses this February.
As part of Open Foundation West Africa’s support for free licenses, it has already hosted a Creative Commons Salon in Ghana and looking forward to promulgating this further. The community is set to participate in activities this February to promote freedom in Ghana.
Activities lined up for the campaign include:
- Photography expedition: During OpenCon in Kumasi the team will take to the streets to take pictures of landmarks and historical places which will be released under a free license.
- Awareness: We would create awareness about the project on Social Media and during our live events.
To participate in the campaign individuals can fill this form or you can also send an email to this email@example.com. Please include “Freedom in Feb” in your email subject line.